We are delighted to announce a brand new competition this summer as part of Elmers Big Parade 2019 which is launching this summer in Ipswich. We are launching a 500 Words Creative Writing Competition which is open to all primary school children in Ipswich…. called “When The Elephants Arrive in Ipswich”
PRIZES TO BE WON…
We have teamed up with Ipswich Town Football Club who are offering the winners of our creative writing competition the chance to ‘Fly the Flag’ for Ipswich Town next season and welcome the squad out on to the pitch at Portman Road!
It’s a unique chance to take part in the ultimate match day experience at Portman Road. This opportunity sees younger fans at the centre of the action on the pitch with club mascots Bluey and Crazee. It is a unique package which is the perfect treat for any junior Ipswich Town fan.
The itinerary for the day is:
- Arrive at Portman Road and collect your official Fly the Flag t-shirt which is yours to keep
- It’s time for a mini tour of the stadium
- Get ready to have a photograph taken with your group and an Ipswich Town football player (this is sent to you after the match)
- Getting in position to announce the teams on the microphone
- The countdown to kick off and a parade around the pitch with your flags
- Forming a guard of honour to welcome the teams onto the pitch
- Taking a well earned rest and cheer the team to victory
There are also runners up prizes and it is a great opportunity to be involved in Elmers Big Parade!
Guidelines for Short Story Competition
We are one of the main sponsors for the upcoming event, ’Elmers Big Parade Suffolk’, which will be arriving in Ipswich this summer. We are running several competitions and events in order to fundraise and increase awareness for St Elizabeth Hospice, including this, the Francesco Hair Salon Creative Writing competition for Key Stage 2 students. The aim of this scheme is to encourage creativity and imagination in a fun way.
We will be giving out a number of prizes for the writing competition, with the chance to walk Ipswich Town Football Club onto the pitch, as well as other prizes including vouchers from Francesco Hair Salon, WH Smith and more.
The title of the story is “When the Elephants Arrive”, and they should follow these guidelines:
- Short story of approximately 500 words (this is usually approx.. 1 typed A4 page or 2 pages handwritten);
- The title should appear somewhere in the story;
- The title is up for interpretation, so the story can be about anything, the more creative the better!
- Each entry should have name, age and school on it;
- Deadline for entries is 5th July 2019
The best stories will go to our shortlisting panel, which will select four winners and six runners up. We will publish all winning stories and selected runners up on our social media and websites, if needed names can be blanked out from these posts.
Any further questions do not hesitate to get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01473 400034